Clear face masks and other types of transparent face coverings are worth adding to your mask rotation to wearto slow the transmission of .
The best clear face mask can facilitate more than an instant emotional connection — transparent materials also allow lip-reading by those who may be deaf or hard of hearing.
What to know about buying a clear face mask
Note that it hasn’t been determined if clear face masks are as effective at preventing the, though sturdy face shields are often used by medical professionals in addition to other .
- Look for masks that are fog-free, the seller should list that.
- It needs to be durable enough to wash, or you’ll need to buy disposable masks in packs.
- The mask needs to be breathable.
- The mask should wrap around your nose and chin, and be snug enough to prevent gaps.
- If you sneeze in the mask, wash it as soon as possible because there’s no cloth to absorb the droplets.
Reyo, an Amazon seller, is selling face masks with a clear panel. The masks come in different styles and designs.
Walmart has a variety of clear face mask styles designed for the deaf and hard of hearing.
ClearMask sells clear face masks in bundles starting at 24 masks for $67. The masks are anti-fog and they’re designed for single use only.
Leaf Mask face masks are rated N99 and completely clear. The masks are also FDA-registered, have a permanent anti-fog coating and an active carbon filter. Leaf says the masks can withstand UV light sterilization.
More about face masks
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.