eight new channels on Pluto TV streaming shows like Survivor, The Amazing Race, the Carol Burnett Show and Dark Shadows. (Full disclosure: Pluto TV is a part of ViacomCBS, which also owns CNET.)was already one of our favorite free streaming services, and thanks to an update to the channel lineup, there’s even more TV goodness to go around. There are now
This is a good time to be looking for free stuff to watch. Netflix was the streaming service I expected to be the last place to ever offer anything for free. But.
And the free stuff keeps on rolling in. Want to watch The Hunger Games? Not just the first installment, but the whole series, four films that collectively amassed $3 billion at the box office? In the past, you’d need to pay to rent or buy the movies from your favorite streaming service, but right now you can watch them allon the free streaming service . The streams are sponsored by Adventure Academy, creators of ABCmouse, an online learning program for kids. You can catch it in a variety of ways: Tubi offers apps for Android and iOS, game consoles, various streaming devices and some Samsung TVs.
Pluto TV channels
But back to Pluto, which continues to expand its offerings. Here’s the whole list of new Pluto TV channels:
- BlackNewsChannel (Channel 230): BNC is an independent, minority-owned and -operated content network. BNC says it’s the nation’s only provider of 24/7 cable news programming created by people of color for people of color.
- Rescue 911 (Channel 277): This classic series hosted by William Shatner ran from 1989 to 1996 and reenacted actual emergencies that involved calls to 911.
- Survivor (Channel 296): Survivor was the reality show that set the stage for a thousand that followed: A group of strangers had to work together to stay on an island, competing in challenges that would help them win or eliminate them. Now you can watch over 130 episodes for free.
- The Amazing Race (Channel 297): The reality show you didn’t have to be embarrassed to admit you watched, it won 10 Emmy Awards as it tracked teams racing around the globe. Pluto has the first seven seasons.
- Pluto Drama Life (Channel 332): Pluto’s original channel featuring reality shows like Laguna Beach and The Hills.
- The Carol Burnett Show (Channel 516): Excuse me for gushing, but this is one of the greatest TV shows of all time. You can now watch the first 10 seasons of the variety show featuring comic geniuses like Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Vicki Lawrence and Harvey Korman.
- Dark Shadows (Channel 535): Not to be confused with Tim Burton’s dismal Hollywood adaption, Dark Shadows was a gothic-themed weekday soap opera thast ran from 1966-1971. It combined the tropes of a traditional soap with supernatural adventures and various ghosts, vampires and monsters.
- GameSpot (Channel 806): Our friends at sister site GameSpot fill the airwaves with news, reviews, features and more.
Pluto TV is available for iOS and Android, as well as various streaming devices like.
CNET’s deal team scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .