For people who are deaf or hard of hearing, lip reading is easier when people are wearing clear masks and other transparent face coverings. That’s just one important benefit that could happen if clear face masks become more popular to wearto slow the rate of transmission of — it could also help facilitate more emotional connections between others at a time when facial expressions are obscured.
What to know about buying a clear face mask
Note that it hasn’t been determined if clear face masks are as effective at preventing the, though sturdy face shields are often used by medical professionals in addition to other .
- Look for masks that are fog-free, the seller should list that.
- It needs to be durable enough to wash, or you’ll need to buy disposable masks in packs.
- The mask needs to be breathable.
- The mask should wrap around your nose and chin, and be snug enough to prevent gaps.
- If you sneeze in the mask, wash it as soon as possible because there’s no cloth to absorb the droplets.
Reyo, an Amazon seller, is selling face masks with a clear panel. The masks come in different styles and designs.
Walmart has a variety of clear face mask styles designed for the deaf and hard of hearing.
ClearMask sells clear face masks in bundles starting at 24 masks for $67. The masks are anti-fog and they’re designed for single use only.
More about face masks
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.