February 28, 2021
Apple to bring back MagSafe charging in MacBook Pro upgrade, report says

Apple to bring back MagSafe charging in MacBook Pro upgrade, report says


36-macbook-pro-16-inch

Apple’s 16-inch MacBook Pro is seen here.


Sarah Tew/CNET

Apple reportedly plans to launch new MacBook Pro laptops later this year that could bring back a fan favorite feature, while dumping one that’s been less loved. The new laptops, a 14-inch model and 16-inch model, will bring back MagSafe charging, according to a report Friday from Bloomberg. 

MagSafe, which auto-attached and easily popped off, used to be a feature on all MacBooks, but Apple switched to USB-C charging years ago.  Apple also introduced a MagSafe charging feature for the iPhone 12 last year.  

Apple may also be considering doing away with the Touch Bar. The tech giant reportedly tested versions of its MacBook Pro that removed the Touch Bar, a row of virtual, customizable buttons that sits above the keyboard that was introduced in 2016. Some Pro users have complained that the Touch Bar is slower than physical keys and causes other problems. 

The new MacBook Pros will also feature the next-generation of Apple’s in-house Mac processors and updated displays, according to Bloomberg. The laptops could launch around the middle of 2021. 

In a note Friday, top Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reportedly made a similar prediction, saying the tech giant will launch new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro laptops this year that bring back MagSafe charging. Kuo’s note also said Apple will remove the Touch Bar and curved edges as part of the redesign, according to CNBC. 

Apple didn’t respond to a request for comment.


Now playing:
Watch this:

Hands-on with the entire new Apple Mac M1 lineup



9:02



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *